Saturday, February 14, 2009

Alas, although I remembered to take my camera this morning, the camera was in my purse, which remained on the sofa and didn't walk with me, and so there is no photo today from Callahan's, where I had their lovely 2+2 breakfast, 2 eggs, over easy, 2 strips of bacon, and two pancakes with maple syrup. All accompanied by several cups of coffee, which was not so good as my own lattes, but okay for breakfast out.

Callahan's was decorated for the day with hearts and roses and hanging Japanese lanterns covered with hearts and roses.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

7 comments:

Irene said...

Oh Laura, too bad there's no picture, but you more than made up for it with the menu. My God, how decadent can you get? So, much food. You truly do live in the land of plenty.

I would only be able to order one egg, or two maybe, over easy, just like you. I can taste it now and smell the bacon on your plate. Mmm...good!

Breakfast in California said...

The prices have risen since that menu was put online, but not by much. I think my breakfast was $4.98. The bacon was tasty and the pancakes were excellent!

It's an Irish place, so the decorations next month will be astounding!

Irene said...

Oh yes, of course, St. Patrick's Day. They will only celebrate that here in the two Irish pubs that we have. Should go get me a beer there. Is it March the 15th?

Breakfast in California said...

No, it's Tuesday, March 17th. You'll have to have an Irish ale that day. Is Irish bacon in your markets? Irish butter?

Irene said...

We have Irish bacon, but it is not widely announced, nor are the other meats from other parts of Europe. Only if there is a recall for some reason. Irish butter I don't know about, it is not announced as Irish butter anyway in the free market that is the EEC.

Breakfast in California said...

Irish butter is a fad thing here right now, costs more than plain old American butter. I think it has a higher fat content.

Irene said...

Goodness. I know of no such fad here. We are all for cooking in sunflower oil, etc. Although I must say that I prefer butter.