Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dracula is not for me

Since I've stopped taking photos of my breakfasts, I've stopped typing out my posts. I'm composing them in my head, but they don't seem to trickle down through my fingers onto the keyboard.


I've stopped reading Bram Stoker, just too horrid, and am instead reading A House in Corfu by Emma Tennant. It's her account of her parents' move in the early 1960s to Corfu, where they built a lovely house on a hillside with beautiful views of the water. I wish there were more photos, but her descriptions paint wonderful images in my head, the perfect thing to replace Stoker's.

1 comment:

Irene said...

That sounds like a wonderful book, especially instead of Dracula, which is a little bit dated and who needs that horror anyway when there is so much beauty to e found in books. Of course, I'm reading The God Squad and there's not much beauty in it yet. I reserve my judgment until the very end. I give it that much of a chance.