Sunday, September 18, 2011

September

We are galloping through September! Book Club, which meets on the third Monday of the month, will be tomorrow night. We're discussing Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson. ( I'd have underlined that title if I knew how to do it in Chrome, but I can't find that option. ) It's her first novel and is very clever, readable and enjoyable.

This morning I blocked a shawlette I've knit for our bride-to-be. This is the second go at the pattern. The first was knit with Legacy Lace, a merino/nylon blend from a farm in Nebraska. It worked up well, but the color wasn't so white as I wanted. When I saw some nice Italian merino in Wildfiber, I bought that and started over. A lot of work for something that may or may not be worn, depending on the weather that evening, but she'll have it if she needs it. I think I'll keep the first one for myself, but I might give it to her too, to take on their honeymoon.

Wedding-wise, I have three dresses, two of which will be returned shortly, no shoes, and no underpinnings. Each dress requires a different style of bra, so this week I must decide which dress to keep, which to return, and then go find the proper support. Shoes are on the calendar for next week.

Last week I worked up the menu for the rehearsal dinner, and sent it off to the restaurant to be sure those choices were still available. It was returned with "corrections, " which made me laugh. Their menu is strewn indiscriminately with upper-case letters, and my descriptions had none. These had been carefully replaced, so that we could offer "...Half Chicken, Roasted in an Oak Oven..." We'll be using my version.

2 comments:

The Stubborn Knitter said...

Hello!
Thank you so much for your comment, being a Mum is the best thing ever! And you are right, I can see already that it will go fast, the days are just flying by at the moment!

Best wishes

Kristina

The Stubborn Knitter said...

Hello!
Sorry for the late reply! We are doing fine, thank you! As you say, it is a bit of a fog, I don't even know how the past 7 weeks went by. We are getting some sleep, to be honest every day and night is different, so I am just taking it as it comes. Motherhood is wonderful, though!
I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding! It must be a bit of shock for the newlyweds to come from that lovely weather to grey and rainy France!

Greetings from cloudy and cold England, hope it's nicer at your part of the world!

P.S. I am changing the blog around a bit and it will be more of a craft diary as opposed to bits from my everyday life. I will be sharing patterns and things I am learning on the way. I just bought myself a drop spindle kit. I have no idea when I will ever get the time to learn to spin my own yarn, but I am very keen to try it. We shall see...

Have a lovely day!

Kristina