Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blogging

When I was doing a post every day there was a rhythm I followed. I'd make breakfast, snap the photo, eat the breakfst, post the photo (well, almost always, a few times I forgot to post till very late in the day). Although I no longer post those photos, I still think of things to blog about, but I don't seem to write them down. I have composed brilliant opening lines in my mind, but never typed them out. I think of topics that really deserve discussion, but don't elaborate at the keyboard. Somehow the thoughts flow through my brain but not down to my fingertips.

During the Olympics I meant to talk about the commentator's overuse of the word redemption, but I never wrote about how annoyed I was at the constant use and misuse of the word. I also meant to write about the lovely, touching film about Gander on 9-11 and how that small town opened its arms and hearts to thousands of travelers. And I wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the funny story about the Air Canada flight that was delayed because the travelers, watching the closing moments of the hockey game, ignored the calls to board.

I think about this blog a lot, I just don't blog what I think.

2 comments:

Irene said...

It's a shame that you don't blog about those things, because they all sound like great topics and I'm sure you would dicuss them in an interesting manner and give us food for thought. So, I beg you to sit at the keyboard more often and start writing these things down as drafts to be finished after you've added all your thoughts on the topics. Deal?

CorvusCorax12 said...

LOL i have the best conversations in my head when i'm walking with my dogs, as soon as my fingers hit the keyboard poof they are gone :)