Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still walking...

Wednesday afternoons are my volunteer times, at a wonderful program for girls. Since Christmas I've been teaching knitting for an hour before we settle down to homework, and two of my friends have come to help. Today one of the girls finished her schoolwork and asked if she could knit some more. I sat down with her and we both knitted. She said something that indicated that she had mixed up my two friends, who are a mother and daughter. I said, No, Miss C is the older lady, she's V's mother, she's 87. Then the girl asked how old V is, and I told her she was two years older than I, 65. The girl said, "You're 63, and you're still walking???"

2 comments:

Irene said...

Kids have such a funny idea of old age and when you are old and infirm. I didn't realize you were 63 though. I thought you were closer to my age. I don't know if I can hang out with you any longer. I've got to wait another 10 years for my old age pension!

Breakfast in California said...

You are such a babe!